In this role, you will participate in total patient care in the ambulatory setting, recognizing normal and abnormal signs and symptoms and life threatening emergencies. Act as a staff person in the office, assisting in patient care, and maintain high standards of care in the community offices. Under the direct supervision of the clinic manager, the LVN may take the role of back office lead. Provides direct patient care for diverse patient population within the practice. Works with clinic management, administration, faculty physicians, fellows, residents, medical students, and other clinical staff to include LVN’s and MA’s and ancillary personnel. Will independently coordinate and prioritize tasks and protocols established by the department.
- Current California LVN License and CPR/BLS certification is required.
- Minimum of two years experience as licensed vocational nurse in a physician office, medical facility or in an internal medicine.
- EKG, IV and Phlebotomy certifications required.
- Knowledge of all instruments and supplies to perform examinations and/or procedures.
- Ability to take vital signs, administer medications and obtain drug refills as needed.
- Ability to recognize abnormal laboratory values and report them to the physician.
- Knowledge of symptomatology of common and/or life threatening medical problems.
- Interpersonal skills in maintaining a cooperative working environment with physicians, staff and all health providers.
- Performs phlebotomy, CPR, Injections, and other skills within scope of practice.
- Demonstrate proficiency in computer skills, Windows computer function, computer navigation and ability to use computerized patient care systems.
UCLA is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
To apply for this position, please copy and paste the following link into your browser address bar: