In this position, you will provide administrative and patient care support to various ambulatory practices. You will assist in coordinating patient flow throughout the clinic, from registration to discharge, work as a member of the Ambulatory Care clinic team to provide smooth outpatient flow resulting in optimum patient satisfaction and clinic operation and support different teams/ practices to cover illnesses, holidays, and leaves of absence.
This role requires a Team Assistant with a highly flexible, enthusiastic and proactive approach. Travel to all UCLA Community practices throughout the greater Southern California area and being physically present at the job site is required. Days and hours may vary depending on assignments.
Rapid same day response assignment capability for urgent situations in an environment involving a high level of activity.
- Ability to demonstrate clear knowledge of job responsibilities; skillfully use equipment, software and tools required to do the job; and to work steadily to get job done
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to prioritize assignments
- Skill in efficiently and accurately facilitate the appointment making process, including transportation arrangements and maintain sub-specialty physician schedules
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills to coordinate multiple appointments with staff from many clinical services at the UCLA Health System
- Skill in using a PC with associated programs including Word, Excel, and E-mail, demonstrated work experience with a database computer program
- Ability to be highly flexible, travel to multiple work sites within UCLA Health community based practices and work a variable schedule
- Working knowledge to complete on-line transactions, including appointment scheduling, procedure scheduling, encounter registration system, hospital lab results and medical reports
- Knowledge of major medical insurance plans and types of coverage provided
- Experience working in a healthcare setting
- Knowledge of medical terminology
UCLA is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
To apply for this position, please copy and paste the following link into your browser address bar: